Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

As far as this last week went we had a blast haha lots of fun things happened I will try to remember it all Monday night we went over to an investigators house just to drop by and visit and see how they were doing and say hi and they ended up pulling out these huge water balloons that were probably the size of a medium sized watermelon so Elder Rhodes and myself started throwing one back and forth to each other outside their home until finally it popped and covered me with water from my neck down. Elder Rhodes felt bad so he let me throw one at him and get him wet too. Then before we left they gave us a super huge water balloon that we didn't know what to do with so what do we do??? We call the other Elder's in the ward hahaha needless to say one of them got a little wet. not super wet but a little we met them in the church parking lot and I hid behind a pillar at the church then when they got out of the car I ran after them and threw the water balloon at them. It was great Then Elder Miller ended up saying the "N" word haha my companion is black..... he ended up tackling him to the ground and my wrestling him in the church parking lot then Elder Rhodes let him go and went to attack Elder Steele, (Elder Miller was the one he wrestled to the ground) and when he ran at Elder Steele he took his watch off and threw it at t he ground shattering it into a bunch of tiny pieces thankfully it was only a 15 dollar watch. It was super funny. Then Tuesday we went down to LDS family services our mission nurse had me go for grief counseling because of my Grandma passing away. Our mission nurse made me go even though I knew I was ok and after a short visit at the family services they told me not to come back because I was fine. Silly Mission Nurse haha oh well shows that she cares right? Then when we came back we had lunch with the other Elders at their apartment and a lot happened there (the last thing that happened will cost me some money....) Well Elder Rhodes and Miller and me all ended up wrestling and then finally Elder Miller (this is the last thing) and myself ended up wrestling well we got a little to close to a window and crash the window was broken!!!! I am still waiting to find out how much my half of the cost will be..... One cool thing I forgot to mention was Monday night we found a really cool investigator we were going by a potential investigator but he was asleep when we got there but the lady that we talked to was super interested and asked a lot of questions her name is Nancy and she has  been looking for a church for a long time and likes what she has heard about our church so far. The only problem is she is hard to get a hold of. Wednesday morning we had a specialized training on area books (where we keep all the info about everything we do) and what we could throw away or what we should add to our area books. Then we went out to lunch with the Kamae family who are Hawaiian and they took us to a Hawaiian BBQ place that was super good I got salmon which was tasty. Then we went with Elder Sanderson and Stallings to their area to help with some service we ended up moving a big entertainment system into one persons house and throwing away an old fridge at another persons home it was all a lot of fun especially the throwing away the fridge part. Later we went out to dinner with a less active member named Jim Swanson  who is probably my favorite person in this area he always threatens me that if I go home and get married before I get an education he will come find me and kill me and I respond by saying I'll send him the wedding invitation haha pretty fun. Thursday we had zone meeting and that was really good. For weekly planning we re organized our area book which was sooo much fun not really. Friday we spent a lot of time handing out flyers for a dinner in the park that we were having later that night as a ward which was fun the picnic was really good and as missionaries we always make out good at those types of activities because everyone always gives us the left overs we almost had to much to fit in our fridge. Saturday was a super finding day for us we started at the top of our area and were worked our way down just contacting everyone, knocking on doors, going by potentials and formers, and in the end we had a new investigator and had a lesson and had set up roughly 4 return appointments. It was really good though I ended up getting heat exhaustion for a while but recovered quickly haha. We also ate lunch again with the other Elders in our apartment but this time thankfully there were no broken windows! Later that night we got our transfer calls and I found out that I am going back to Passons ward!!!!!! White washing in with a new companion named Elder Jaster so it should be super awesome for now I am on the same side of the ward I was in originally too so that is sweet the reason I say for now is because there is a chance they will move me to the southern half of the ward because the Elder there is struggling with Depression and anxiety attacks and he feels like he would do better with me then the other Elder who is supposed to be his companion. The Elder who I might end up being companions with is Elder Foster and he is super awesome I have served around him and love the heck out of him so it will be awesome either way for now though I should be in the north half in the same apartment and everything as before. Sunday was good it was fast and testimony meeting so I got up and gave a good bye testimony I actually wasn't going to but a member of the ward got up and personally thanked me for the service I had rendered in the ward. I don't think I did much but I wasn't going to not get up and thank everyone for being a good ward after that. The rest of the day was spent going by and saying good bye to people except at the very end of the day when we had a lesson with a former investigator which went pretty well he knew the Bible super well and had some interesting theories so we will see how it goes in the future with him. My week as you can see though was super good. 

my address now is: 

4200 Rosemead apt # 215 
Pico Rivera, CA 90660

Lastly before I go if you could send me back my camera card that I most recently sent that would be awesome! haha sorry to be such a pain. I miss you guys a ton and even though I am scared to come home I am super excited to see you guys in 4 and 1/2 months it's gonna be a blast I have told a bunch of people mostly in Whittier that I will come visit them when you come pick me up so be ready to meet people! I hope you have an awesome super safe fantastic week! \
Love Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment