Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One month down....

One month down 23 more to go it really has gone by super quick and it has been great so far. Thank you for sending out the bike I really appreciatte it and it will be nice to have something like that from home. More pictures would be awesome and that patriarchal blessing as well as any other documents you can copy and send them to my mom as well as me that way I have a hard copy back home in case I lose mine. In fact if you want to send me two copies of my blessing that would be great. Transfers are usually every 6 weeks just like Kyles but I will stay in this area for at least 2 as I go through a training program with Elder Ferris (just a program to help me learn to teach better). Elder Ferris is awesome though we get along great and have a good time working together which makes things a lot easier. He has been out a year as of a couple days ago and is a good missionary and a hard worker. One funny thing is that in the apartment below us there is a basset hound and when the owners are gone it howls and howls and howls and it drives Elder Ferris nuts which just makes me laugh. Also if you ever feel like sending random ties you find - feel free - ties are sweet. We have some investigators right now and they are all awesome great people but from what Elder Ferris has told me this area has a curse that investigators take all the lessons and come to church and believe its true but then never get baptized.  They still come to church they just dont get baptized but we should have a couple baptisms soon which would be great. It's a hispanic family and they are super awesome and funny so hopefully they dont get the curse as well. Members of the ward are great and feed me tons of food and give us stuff. In fact I might actually be gaining some weight - we shall see. Anyways though I would love some letters from my punk sisters that I miss and love dearly! Thank you again for everything you guys have done for me - whether its my super awesome alliance buddy, or the pain in the buttox (you know who you are )I love you guys and miss you - but it will be good for me to be out here and a very humbling experience. Tell the extended family hello for me. I love you and look forward to hearing from you again soon and writing you next week - until then - adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment