Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

So guess whats super freaking lame. Apparently I wasn't sick! I guess I have allergies here which I have never had anywhere. Super stupid. And, it made my left ear clog up and I haven't been able to hear out of it in almost a week. But, whatever. It's still awesome to be out here - though drugs a.k.a. allergy meds - are super expensive which is pretty ridiculous but I am feeling better now - other than I cant hear.

I got a free back adjustment from a member of our ward who is a chiropractor which was pretty sweet and everything is going well.

We have had a lot of fog recently which I have found to be pretty enjoyable - but its kinda odd at the same time.

It was a pretty normal week I would say - though we are just doing a lot of finding right now for new investigators and working with the ones we just baptized. They have been very blessed by the church. The ward has really been awesome and bought them all church clothes and got all the kids more clothes and such. Its awesome to get to be part of all of this and see all sorts of awesome people. I think right now one of my favorite things about being a missionary is just meeting and talking to everybody and their dog. And getting to see so many types of people with different backgrounds and where they are now. For whatever reason people love to tell missionaries their life stories and every complaint they can think of -which is kinda funny.

Yesterday we went and visited the 2nd counselor to the bishopric and he is a crime scene investigator - he told us some crazy stories of things he has had to see and deal with and let me just say you would have to pay me more money then this world has to offer to get me to do that job. Blech. 

My companion and I still get along really well. We joke with each other a ton - calling one another fat seems to be our most common joke for sure! But it's a lot of fun and I enjoy serving with him a ton.

Missions are awesome and crazy and a giant two-year awkward moment but it's great to be here. I am doing awesome and love you guys. Love you til next week. I will keep you guys as well as Ryan's mom and Teagan in my prayers! 


Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment