I apologize for not posting this last week. This is the email we got from Chris on March 11...2 baptisms!!
This last week has been good and
crappy in a sense. I have been sick and in bed a lot which is why it has
been crappy but other then that it has been awesome. I gave a talk in sacrament on temple work and on Saturday the 9th I had my first two
baptisms! I was priviledged enough to perform both of them. The mother Sylvia and Jazmin the 8 year old daughter with mild autism I
have mentioned before. It was super awesome. We were a bit worried
because we thought the daughter was gonna be super hard because she is
terrified of water - but step by step she got in the water - probably taking
5 minutes - and a few more for her to turn around and grab my arm. Her mother was in the font with us helping her feel comfortable, and when
it came time for me to dip her in the water, and I started leaning her
back, she got really nervous - but I had a strong feeling that I just
needed to get her in or else it wouldn't happen. So I quickly dunked her
in as well as myself up to my neck - and I expected her to come up
screaming but she didnt! She just went and hugged her mom and then I
performed her mother's baptism expecting it to be a little hard because
her mother is pregnant - but it went smoothly and I only had to dunk them
each once! It was super awesome and I expected Jazmin (the daughter)
to stay mad at me but she didnt. She loves playing with my watches
which is cool. Other then that though a pretty normal week. There is a new rule that we can email anybody not just direct family so anyone
can email me now and I can respond - but you guys and my parents of
course will always take first priority. Please let people know they
can email me and I can email them back. As far as if I need anything
maybe more dayquil haha jk but really no nothing that I need I am pretty
well taken care of and I love you guys a ton and look forward to
hearing from you all again! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment