Wow sounds like you guys had an awesome trip
and I am glad to hear that you arrived back home safe and sound. It sounds
like Kyle is adjusting rather well and I am glad you guys got the letters as well
as pictures that I sent.
So this
last week was good we did quite a bit of service as well as went to the Temple (
which I already told you about in my email home Tuesday and hope to hear a
response to that email as well). One of the highlights of the week was doing some
service for some members of the ward that have recently moved in. We were
doing some yard work for them - but the highlight of it wasn't the actual work but
was the fact that I now have a fiancé believe it or not! I didn't think that it
would ever happen on my mission. Her name is Jenna and she is maybe 4 years old - ha ha. Throughout the entire time we were there she repeatedly pointed her finger
at me and stated rather boldly and loudly "You're going to marry me one day and
were going to have 121 zillion kids and your going to hand them to me and I am
going to feed them from my boob!" she was quite hilarious to say the least. Saying all these things in front of her Mom and Dad. And she also said we were
going to have five dogs and her Dad said that at least when I hear the dogs I'll
know to start running.
Another awesome thing that happened was we got 6 new ward
missionaries this week. Each one of them is one of the counselors of the auxiliaries
such as young men's and women's and relief society and so on. Though they were not
released from their counselor positions - which I think is awesome because it
creates a link between us as missionaries and the rest of the ward and gets the
entire ward involved so I am excited for it.
Another cool thing is the attitude
behind how we are trying to get the ward involved. We looked at it almost
from a business perspective in how a business can have an awesome product and
tell what it is and how it works but it still doesn't sell well until they focus
more on the why aspect. Why they sell it and why it's needed. I believe with
this way of doing things it will help out the work in the ward a lot. I hope
this all makes sense. I feel like in some ways it may just sound like rambling.
As far as the rest of the week it was pretty normal but really good. We taught
roughly 2 lessons a day between lessons taught to random people, investigators,
recent converts, and less active members. I am still loving my mission and
wouldn't trade it for anything right now. It is helping me grow and change in
ways that I never had thought it would and I am excited to see the person I become
over the next year and a half.
As always
though you guys are awesome and I miss you all as well. I am quite comforted by
knowing you still carry around that little rhino Ryan - I give you props for doing
so. I hope to hear back from you all soon and look forward to email every
week! Tell everyone back at home I love and miss them! Let me know if I can do
anything for you guys. You are always in my prayers!
Love
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment