Sounds
like your week went well. No one spit on me this last week which was awesome. That's awesome
that Morgan got that award at school and stupid that the school that is teaching our
future generations can't even spell our future generations names - but you know
whatevs right?? We all be chillin like a buncha villains anyways fo sho but back
to reality for me at least....
As of now we have 5 investigators one of which is
a 40-ish year old woman (Tami) who is awesome and super outspoken and funny and
she randomly bought us a scentsy for our apartment which was awesome as well. She came to church with us this sunday and we were having a missionary farewell
speech so as you may or may not know, usually during those often a bunch of
random girls show up as well as some of the leaving missionary's friends - so there were a bunch of girls that showed up and Tami aparently saw a
girl that would be perfect for me and we had to explain that we weren't looking
for people to date or marry at this point in our lives. She disagreed and thinks
we should still be looking for girls to marry. But then another group of girls
walked in, obviously not LDS nor used to the dress code most people adhere to in
a church funtion, LDS or not, and lets just say they were very scantily clad and
Tami then exclaimed she understood why we weren't supposed to look for girls
because that would be too much temptation right now. But it was just hilarious all
in all. 2 of our other investigators are a young unmarried couple who are
non-denominational christian and smoke weed but are super nice and very outdoorsy -
which I can relate to - but they are super nice but are busy so it is hard to meet
with them more then once a week. So we will see where that goes.
Also we have 2
other investigators who are from Egypt which can be tough in the sense that
their english is not the best as well as they are strong believers that the Bible
is the only word from God. So that has its challenges but it's interesting
nonetheless.
This week we also had a bbq with Elder Ferris and his new companion
Elder Nez which was a lot of fun and relaxing which is always good. Elder Burns
and myself are still getting along really well and have a lot of fun together. The fact that I have had two really fun companions in a row though doesnt bode
well for the next companion that I get. But hopefully I luck out and get
another good one when that time comes.
Last night we had a general
preisthood session where all of the recently returned and recently called
missionaries gave talks, as well as the stake president, which was super awesome. It was interesting to see the difference between not only the talks but how the
return missionaries versus the going away missionaries carried themselves. I have
a feeling that you guys are going to be very impressed with what Kyle has become
on his mission and I look forward to hearing about when he does comes home.
Anyways though that was the extent of my week it was awesome and I am loving it
out here as per usual and I hope you guys are having a good time as well I keep
you all in my prayers and love you all I look forward to hearing from you again
next week!
Love Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment