No worries about missing the email last week - I understand you get busy especially with the holiday and what not. Missionaries just dont really have or believe in holidays so I totally forgot there was one. But no worries - as long as your all alright thats what matters. Oh, by the way I am not getting transfered - I am staying at the same address so no need to worry about that thankfully. So, if your sending something then I will still be able to get it here.
I am getting a new companion who I have met briefly before but dont know too well - his name is Elder Larson and I believe he is from Colorado so that could be cool. Also I have heard nothing bad about him which is always a good sign.
So this past week was really good. Our 43 yr old investigator Tammy is doing fairly well. She was very upset that Elder Burns was leaving but has accepted it and is feeding us dinner tonight and is still on track to be Baptized this upcoming Sunday. Although we may have to push it back if she cant make it with out smoking until then. For someone to get Baptized out here they have to have not smoked, drank beer or coffee for at least 7 days before they can get Baptized. So if she smokes at all this week we will have to push her Baptism back. One really cool thing though was a week before we knocked on her door she had been praying to know for more of the truth and had even written about it in her journal. And a week later we knocked on her door, so that is really cool! I dont know if you remember my Patriarchal Blessing at all but it says that there are people praying for more of the truth and that their prayers will not go unanswered and that the Holy Ghost will lead me by the hand to them. So that is really cool to see and really makes being out here all the more worth it.
Our Egyptian investigators we still havent been able to meet with really. We stopped by and gave the wife and Arabic Book of Mormon and pamphlet and we are hoping they will read those a little more and get more interested. And we also have - as of this last sunday - a lady named Azza who is egyptian as well that the other set of Elders in the ward were teaching who got Baptized - so were hoping to take her over there and maybe that will create a better door for us to share the gospel with them if they can form a friendship.
Another really cool thing is a recently returned missionary (as of a week ago) was driving down the road and saw us and stopped and picked us up and right then took us to his home where his non-member mother and brother live as well as him. He asked us to teach them so of course we said yes. The brother right now is a little harder to teach because he is not home much - he is 23ish and works a lot and parties a lot - but he seems like a very genuine person and if we get a couple good chances to sit down with him I wouldnt be surprised if he decides to join the church as well. As far as the mother goes we have had 2 lessons with her now and we extended a baptismal invite at our last lesson that she accepted which is always cool. She seems to have a lot of the same beliefs we do so I feel that with her son's testimony and example that she will end up getting baptized which is awesome.
As always I love you guys tell Grandma with the white hair that I love her and happy birthday from me you guys are always in my prayers as well and I love you and miss you all and look forward to writing you again next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment