So I found out today that my Grandpa (My Dads father) had a heart attack this past week and is in the hospital and will need surgery. He's roughly 86ish so keep him in your prayers for me!
Also one request is if I could actually get a hand written letter to my apartment (address is in the email prior this one) I need one addressed to me so that I can get a library card. That would be awesome. April Montiereth is what you would call a mission Mom - she pretty much becomes the missionaries in the wards mother while they are there so that's pretty awesome - they are a really good family. (I posted some pictures that April Montiereth posted of Chris on her FB page)
As for this last week it was very very hot. As I would refer to it now as "Boiling lava hot" or "eighty hundred degrees" It made working really tough this week and the humidity was killer. It got up to about 102 a couple days and all I can say is I probably drank more water then ever before in my life. I am doing my best to drink 100 ounces of water a day and stay hydrated which I have actually been doing a pretty good job at.
The work though is still good and the people here are more humble and we have a Baptism scheduled for this upcoming Saturday for the lady Grace (I believe I mentioned last week) who is 32 with three daughters who are 16, 14, and 12, and are all nice girls who will probably be Baptized in the coming month. So that's awesome. We have some other people we are teaching right now but no one super serious yet, but there are some good potentials.
I found out today that I am very possibly going to be in another trio with another Elder named Elder Moala from Tonga and he is a really good missionary and fun to have around, but his companion is having a hard time and is probably going home - so that is crazy. Other than that my crazy life as a missionary has been the usual. Anyways though I love you guys and miss you a ton. Time has really flown by and its crazy to think that in a couple weeks I will be at my 6 month mark and will be a quarter of the way done. That's nuts. It will be over before I know it.
But I hope to get a letter from you guys and thank you for the letter Morgan it made my day and your awesome I love you! I look forward to hearing from you guys and will email you again next week
Love Elder Jensen!
No comments:
Post a Comment