Sounds like another pretty awesome Erdmann week. I hope Madison doesn't fall off that horse. Ryan I also am sorry your Chiefs lost but lets face it it's their destiny to do that ha ha JK. More cake balls are always welcomed and I am sure will make it through the mail fine if you feel so inclined to send them. So Kyle found a lady friend so cute ha-ha. Tell him he should find someone to write me while I am out here! I hope this one works out well for him.
Well this past week was very eventful. Tuesday we went down to Fountain Valley again where I got an MRI for my knee - which wasn't anywhere near as dramatic as they make it seem on the TV series House. I actually almost took a nap while having it and probably would have if it had been any longer then 15 minutes. Wednesday we went back to Fountain Valley again but this time Brother Dunn drove us and we went for my companion, Elder Owen, for his physical therapy for his back and knees - he has a lumbar strain or something. Thursday was actually pretty normal (So I thought). We had our District meeting and then weekly planning, but one thing that was weird was that the night before, on Wednesday Leadership calls we're supposed to go out, but on Thursday no one in our zone had received a call which is unusual to say the least. The rest of the day was pretty normal. Throughout the week we were going by and teaching Jessica to help her to get ready for her interview for Baptism, which has been tough with her because I am guessing she has a learning disability of some sort because if you ask her for a definition of lets say repentance she cant give you one, but if you give her a couple small hints that it has to do with forgiveness and changing ourselves to become more Christlike she can go on about it for hours. Anyway back to Thursday - so the day was pretty normal until 9:47 P.M. when all of the sudden our phone started ringing and it was one of the Assistant to the President, Elder Dixon. calling me to be a District Leader! HUH? Who woulda thunk? So I am now a District Leader and while I am excited in some ways it is a bit nerve racking because even though I have been out 10 months now I feel like I just got here and should still be the one learning (though I am sure I will learn a lot being DL) and not the one teaching. So now I am, in addition to normal missionary work, responsible for 2 other companionships and trainings every District meeting and exchanges every transfer so we will see how this goes.
Friday brought another doctors visit as well as good news - I do not have a torn meniscus and it looks like from what the doctor said that I am just pushing my knees to hard and am causing some inflammation and almost arthritis like pains. As long as I don't keep hurting it and over-working it, I shouldn't have any long term issues at all or even arthritis in the future. I am on anti-inflammatory right now. Also on the plus side when we looked at my MRI my doctor said I actually have really good knees and he wishes his were as good as mine so hopefully they stay that way.
Later Friday night Jessica had her interview for Baptism and she passed - which is awesome - and she seems pretty excited about it, although she is a little nervous. Saturday was her Baptism which went really well she asked me to Baptize her so I did (twice because I messed up the wording a little bit) but thankfully both times she went all the way under and came back up fine. A funny thing was I forgot any sort of back up clothing for her Baptism but thankfully earlier that day my Zone Leaders had a Baptism so I wore Elder Bakker's wet garments and a jumpsuit. I always seem to forget something ha ha. Sunday was busy! We went to church where Jessica got confirmed by the Bishop and then we went to another Baptism for the Sisters in our zone, and afterwards went to a departure fireside for the missionaries going home this transfer - which was really sad because a lot of them I have served pretty closely with including Elder Burns who was my second companion and so far one of my favorites. Thats pretty much sums up my week. Rica is still just waiting for her boyfriend Lamo to get a California ID so they can get married so she can get Baptized which will be awesome.
Oh I found out that I am staying another transfer here in Whittier in Colima ward so I will have the same address for the next six weeks at least. Elder Owen and myself will be staying together - which means by the end of this next transfer I will have been in this ward for 7 months - which I am pretty stoked about because this ward is awesome and I have grown really close to a lot of the people here so I don't mind staying for Thanksgiving and Christmas at all.
I hope you guys have another awesome week I am guessing there will be more parties, horses, and singing and probably working but I hope you have fun either way I will as usual keep you all in my prayers!
Love Elder Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment