That is super cool about Morgan getting ready to get Baptized. Take lots of pictures for me please! Also I got your package this week - finally ha ha. It was awesome. I shot Elder Pina in the eye ha ha oh wait oops. But, no really - it was awesome and the toys are more entertaining then you would expect! Tell both of the girls I am proud of them for the good grades and I hope all goes well for Morgans new singing career ha ha . I know that I always complained and was kinda a grinch about all the crazy decorations (at least I was with my Mom) maybe not with you guys, I am not sure, but I actually miss them - believe it or not (well everything except the bells on my door haha).
Oh by the way I am staying where I am at another transfer, but Elder Pina is leaving to Long Beach my new companions name is Elder Owen. He is from England and got in the mission the same time as myself, but that's all I know about him. But I have heard he is cool so thats always a good sign.
As for last week it was awesome though we werent able to do as much teaching as normal because of General Conference. But that is ok because General Conference is what we as missionaries call the Missionary Super Bowl ha ha. In particular I liked the talks given by Jeffery R Holland, President Uchdorft, obviously Thomas S. Monson, and I even liked the one given by David A. Bednar which I usually dont like - but I did like this one ha ha. And even more epic then conference was that Henry Macias got Baptized - which as all Baptisms are - was just plain awesome! His son Baptized him and I gave a talk on Baptism and Elder Pina gave one on The Gift of the Holy Ghost. We had the Baptism between the second session on Saturday and the Priesthood session and it was just super cool in general. The rest of the week was pretty normal and it feels like conference weekend was so busy - but at the same time there isn't much to write about it though. We also had a giant missionary tie trade ha ha - that was pretty cool. And then the rest of this weekend we mostly just went around and visited members that Elder Pina got close to when he was here so that he could say good bye to them. We also had a birthday dinner at Sister Montierths for Elder Stallings where we ended up popping a gazillion balloons which was pretty fun. As far as our teaching goes right now we need to do some finding now, but we still have a couple people we are teaching such as the spiritual woman named Frances and a catholic lady named Georgina. We moved our recent convert Grace and her three daughters out of her apartment and they are moving to Long Beach to a nicer area and little bigger apartment for when she and her boyfriend get married. We also did service again for Sister Rogers where we started to apply the second layer of mud to the drywall. That was pretty much the extent of my week. I am sure this next week will be eventful with getting my new companion settled in so hopefully I have more to report next week!
I hope everything goes well for you all next week I would love some letters from my favorite sisters! and sorry this letter was so rushed I am short on time today but I hope you guys have a great week I will keep you guys in my prayers and I love you all! My Mom and Dad said to tell you hi!
Love Elder Jensen!
No comments:
Post a Comment