Madison's costume is sweet - I wish I had a cool costume like that. Morgan and Kyles sound pretty sweet as well - are you and Ryan dressing up? I am sure Ryan is getting excited to scare little kids -he's a weirdo like that. I agree Morgan probably doesn't fully grasp every concept that she has been taught but neither did I when I was 8 nor does probably any 8 year old, but as she goes to church she will get it eventually
As far as this last week goes it was very eventful and it went really well. Each week we set goals as to how many lessons and new investigators and etc that we are going to have. This week we met every goal so that was awesome. Tuesday we taught a lesson about the Book of Mormon to a lady named Rose who wants to learn more. We are going by tonight so we will see how it goes. We also were in a trio with another Elder in the ward named Elder Stallings because his companion was at a leadership training. We did some more service for Sister Sao (if you remember her) we cleaned off her roof this time and she treated us to root beer floats afterwards. We also were able to find a new investigator this week named Tanisha who is related to two of our other investigators Rica and Jessica. So we are able to teach them all together which is cool. We have a Baptismal date set for them for Nov 9th so hopefully everything works out. On Wednesday we had a really cool experience. We were doing service for a less active member of the ward who is coming back to church and I have been teaching for awhile. So after doing service for him by cleaning up his apartment we taught a lesson on the Law of Chastity and in the past we have noticed a bunch of playboys on his shelf, so I challenged him to let us take them and throw them away so that the Holy Ghost could be with him in is home. He accepted so I left the house with about 30 playboys in my backpack and on top of my scriptures - which was awkward - and I was glad to throw them away. But that was really cool. After that on Wednesday we did service for the Eddard family in the ward where my 5 year old fiance lives :) by ripping out a bunch of banana trees in their backyard which was fun (we used machetes). Later that day we went to get "mandatory" flu shots (that I was set on avoiding) and everyone told me I wasn't going to get out of it - but guess who got out of it? This guy oh yeah baby! Thursday we went and taught a bunch of lessons but the one that stands out the most is a recent convert lesson with Henry Macias that went really well . From here on out the ward missionaries should be teaching him the after Baptism lessons, though on Saturday we went and did service for him by ripping out a bunch of weeds and crab grass and tilling his dirt up which was fun. Though I am getting ahead of one of the best parts of the week which was on Friday where we went to the Morales family in the ward, and once again did service by demolishing an old two story club house that was made out of 2x4's and plywood. After knocking it down and getting it torn apart I made the mistake of stepping on a board with a nail poking out of it - and do you know what happens when you do that? It goes through your shoe and into your foot and runs into the bone directly behind your big toe - not fun but its almost better now ha ha. So it probably sounds like all I do is service, but throughout the week we were able to have a lot of lessons that were really good, mostly with Tanisha, Rica and Jessica. They made it to church too which was really good, and they love everything we have taught them so far which is cool. Another cool thing was the ward I am in took down all of our investigators names and are going to start praying for them so thats awesome. I think that pretty much sums up my week though.
I will keep praying for you guys, especially Morgan, that all goes how it is supposed to go and that she will be happy with the decision she makes. I remember before I left on my mission she said she never wanted to get Baptized so it's awesome she changed her mind. I am looking forward to the girls letters! Until next week I love you guys and hope you have a good safe fun week!
Love Elder Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment