Monday, October 28, 2013
September 16, 2013
As for this last week it was awesome. We were really busy and I will hope to remember everything that happened. Probably the coolest thing was that Henry Macias (who is the non member of a part member family I believe I have mentioned before) is on track to be Baptized on the 28th of this month. We had a couple lessons last week with him - both of which went really well and it is awesome to see the change in him. Another awesome thing is that Josh Gasio, who is the non-member husband in another family in the ward, asked us for a blessing and we gave him one yesterday. All I can say was that the spirit was awesome and at the end of the blessing he was crying as was his wife and it was just awesome to have that opportunity. The really cool part is that Elder Pina gave the blessing and it is amazing to see how the spirit can work through people because usually when he is talking or explaining things he stumbles over his words and isn't very good at explaining things or even talking with people in general due to his autism - but as he gave the blessing everything he said flowed smoothly and he said things that I at no other time could imagine him putting together and saying in the same sentence - so that was awesome. Other then that it was just a really good week with a lot of success. One thing our zone is doing right now is every night each companionship in the zone sends one miracle they saw that day to the rest of the companionship, so all those miracles have been awesome to see. Another thing I have personally been doing is that I have made a goal to hand out at least one Book of Mormon a day and I have found a lot of success in doing so. There seems to be a habit in the mission of only giving them out to really promising potential investigators, but as I have been handing them out I have seen people become a lot more receptive. That is all I can remember right now though I am sure there is a lot more written in my journal, but I will have more to write next week!
Anyways I hope things slow down for you guys too though by the sounds of it the girls are planning on keeping you guys busy. Ryan now I must say that while Kathy does a wonderful job at emailing me I love hearing from you specifically too so dont be shy to write longer more detailed letters - though I know your super busy so don't feel obligated to if your overly stressed or busy! I hope Kyle is adjusting back to regular life well and that things are going smoothly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment