Monday, October 28, 2013

September 23, 2013


Sounds pretty typical busy for the Erdmann household - but it sounds awesome all the same. And just remember that while I am loving my mission and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now I do miss and love all of you!  I actually heard about The U of U winning against BYU so I rubbed it in my Bishops face here a little bit which was entertaining because he and I have a rivalry in that area ha ha. But more importantly - that is awesome that Morgan is taking the lessons again. I will absolutely pray for her and I am sure things will work out how they are supposed to. She is a good girl and she's smart and with Kyle there I am sure she will be able to feel the spirit! Speaking of Kyle that is awesome that everything is going so well for him and I hope it continues to go well I will make a deal with him that when I get home I will do all his biology homework if he does my math homework! As far as Madison goes that is actually super interesting to me that she does well on homework but bad on tests and that it is math that she is struggling with because I was the exact same way in school with math - crazy to see the similarities there are.


So one important thing  that is happening is that Elder Pina and myself are moving out of the apartment we are living in and into a members home who lives in the ward named the Jackmans. I have failed to get their address but I will either send it in a separate email or I will have Sister Montierth text it to you -though for this week you can still send stuff to my current address because while we are moving out tomorrow morning another set of Elders is moving in the same morning so I will still receive anything that gets sent there such as the two packages without any worries so dont worry about waiting to send the package today!
As for this last week it was really good. So much happens that I can't even really remember all of it so I will try and focus on some of the highlights - or more memorable moments per say. First is Rica who is investigator and Jessica who is her cousin and also an investigator who lives with Rica. Rica's Mother, who they have been living with, expectantly died this past Wednesday, which is really sad. But the interesting thing is that the day after were able to teach them how families can be together forever, which they said brought them a lot of comfort. On Saturday they had a plate sale - I know it sounds weird - but it's not. Pretty much they cooked a ton of food and were selling it for 10.00$ a plate as a fundraiser to pay for their mothers funeral. So we sent a mass text out to the ward to go and support them, as well as get some food, and I will admit I had my concerns that the ward wouldn't come through - but as usual I was proved wrong. We even had members who weren't able to make it to the fundraiser give us money to give to them which was awesome. They ended up with a really good turn out and they in turn are super grateful which is what its all about  - helping each other. That was really awesome to be able to see. On Sunday they came to church and afterwards met with the Bishop to find out if they could use the church for the funeral - so now they are going to be able to hold the funeral for free at the church, and it's hard to describe, but it's just awesome to see how much comfort and happiness and appreciation Rica and her family are showing from seeing the love of the members. Now Rica (who has been an investigator for awhile and wants to get Baptized but hasn't been able to because her and her boyfriend of 11 years arent married) is planning on getting married so she can finally get Baptized. Jessica also wants to get Baptized so it's just really cool to see. Another cool thing this week is that Henry Macias, another investigator of a part member family who we have been preparing for Baptism, canceled both appointments because he had to work late. We had appointments with him this week so that was a concern but we stopped by last night just to visit and see how he was doing and he brought up his Baptism totally on his own accord and wanted to make sure which Saturday it was, and that his son (who has recently returned from a mission) would Baptize him - so that was super cool! Other then that we had an awesome training on Wednesday from our mission president on how to find more investigators and how to talk with people and so on. While I feel most of it was people skills it was still really good, and as always, President Tew blew my mind ha ha. One not so amazing thing, but just worth mentioning, is that lately every day at lunch and at night after planning we have gone upstairs to the apartment of another set of Elders who live above us and whose names are Elder Rodriguez and Roothoff, and we end up screwing around with them by doing dumb stuff like spraying each other with water bottles and whipping each other with towels and so forth. But it has been a good time and as much as I love Elder Pina its good to have other people around to mess around with but that was the gist of my week!

Anywhoo let me know how things go with Morgan and the lessons. I hope that you guys have another good week. Thanks for always being awesome by the way, and doing so much for me let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys!
Love Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment